New Gucci Headquarters
Place and date:
Milano – Italia. 2012 – 2013
Static testing, non-destructive and semi-destructive tests.
Gucci’s new headquarters in Milan is an exemplary intervention of industrial archeology. Gucci chose the former Caproni aeronautical factory, built in 1915 and became famous for having built the most famous biplanes and triplans at the time, to make it the headquarters of its offices; at the end of a meticulous process of restoration of the original structure, the new “Gucci Hub” is today a complex of 35,000 square meters that brings together for the first time all the Milan offices of the brand, the showrooms, the space destined to the fashion shows, the graphic activities and photo studio, canteen and a restaurant, in a location that hosts over 250 people.
Akron has followed the entire intervention phase by performing characterization tests on the structures and all static load tests, from the original metal trusses of the Caproni hangars to the new structures built.